Find out what’s going on with Wave 1!
Wave Link: Episode 6
- Meet Sherry Felchlin, ctcLink project manager at Green River College
- Configuration is underway for Wave 1 colleges. Jason previews the schedule. (Configuration is the process of process of making settings in PeopleSoft so the system performs in a way to meet colleges’ business requirements. While global settings are in place, there is a fair amount of local configuration to do for items that are unique to each college (building names/numbers, courses/classes, departments, etc.)
- Get to know Earl Macom, Ciber’s HCM Functional Lead for ctcLink
Wave Link: Episode 7
- Meet Eduardo Rodriguez, ctcLink project manager for Columbia Basin
- Upcoming Wave 1 project activities and security training information for Wave 1
- Get to know Teri Skelton, Finance Functional Analyst for SBCTC
In this episode:
- Meet Eli Hayes, ctcLink project manager at Lower Columbia College
- Update from Wave 1 coordinator Jason Gordon about the Wave 1 Foundational Planning meeting and the upcoming Configuration activities on the Wave 1 Project Roadmap
- Get to know Brian Lanier, lead of the Human Capital Management (HCM) pillar
Watch Wave Link: Episode 5 now!
In this video: Wave Link: Episode 4
- Meet Mary Hunchberger, Peninsula College’s ctcLink project manager
- Take a good look inside the ctcLink project plan with Ciber’s Keri Hanrahan
- Get to know Sherrie Hovde, one of SBCTC’s functional analysts for the Human Capital Management (HCM) pillar
The WaveLink: Episode 3 video is here, with:
- A message from SBCTC’s Mike Scroggins (thanks to FirstLink colleges, some lessons learned and next steps)
- ctcLink staff spotlight on Ciber’s Joe Carl
- An introduction to the Lucidchart tool for mapping out business processes
Status on the Wave 1 go-live date was mentioned in this post. It wasn’t official then, but we can now say that August 2016 will not be the go-live date for Wave 1. Wave 1 leadership, the project team and other system-wide stakeholders have been in conversation about an alternative go live date. The next step is an evaluation involving impacted stakeholders (followed by a recommendation) of an alternative date for Wave 1 colleges to switch over to ctcLink.
The stabilization phase for FirstLink colleges continues as ctcLink project staff and college staff work together and diligently through the remaining issues in the new system. The IRS forms (W2s, 1099s, 1098-Ts) are complete following a rigorous process to validate data in both the old system and ctcLink to make up the correct, combined tax information for 2015. A huge thanks to everyone involved!
The entire project team’s main focus remains on FirstLink colleges’ stabilization. On February 8, the communication model for FLC support will shift from all day, open web/phone lines to an as-needed basis. The online ctcLink Service Desk will be the initial point of contact for logging issues and requesting assistance. If a quick phone call is needed to help clarify or resolve the issue, ctcLink support staff will call or if a WebEx would be beneficial, they may suggest a quick online session.
In addition, Andy Duckworth’s training and organizational change management team have begun the process of updating and creating some new quick reference guides, creating lecture videos and learning assessments, and refining the ctcLink business process diagrams for the ctcLink Canvas classrooms. This material will provide quick how-tos to immediately assist FirstLink college staff, and will also aid in preparing for future hands-on instructional sessions at the ctcLink training classroom in Olympia. “Initially, these tools are meant to help facilitate knowledge transfer and a deeper understanding of ctcLink for FirstLink staff, but ultimately, all wave colleges will soon benefit from the various forms of training tools we’re creating,” Andy said.
Speaking of Andy…if you have a few minutes, check out his team’s latest WaveLink video. A portion of the video was filmed at Clark College, in the heart of Penguin Nation!