Contract negotiations are in full swing for the ctcLink project and they are expected to continue through the end of the year. The outcome of the negotiations will determine whether we’ll be working with Ciber or Oracle as our integration partner for new software and business process redesign. But, since both bidders proposed virtually the same suite of software, we can give you a sneak peek at just some of the benefits and features of ctcLink. Here’s part one:
- Both bidders included mobility applications in their proposal, so many of the new online services will be available to students, faculty and staff from mobile devices.
- Students, faculty and staff will have online, self-service access to manage their personal information and do much of their college business online.
- College staff can manage student services and student administration online, in one place, in real time (while protecting sensitive data).
- Online academic advising gives students and advisors real-time access to academic records and reports, including a built-in degree audit function
- Colleges will have a common source for campus data, with features to coordinate all types of campus communication and the ability to capture and track data for prospective students, applicants and current students.
- Tools to track incoming and outgoing communication–from prospective students to alumni, such as having all the tools in one place to manage and track campus events (event templates, staffing needs, attendance tracker, event results)
- Full-featured financial aid applicant processing with automated student notifications, a complete auto-packaging tool, with all state and federal compliance measures and reports built in
- Colleges can manage student and third-party accounts in student financials and calculate all student financial information in one place: tuition, fees, billing, payment plans, refunds, etc.
- Online payment of tuition and fees
- Manage and analyze all aspects of enrollment, catalog and class schedule maintenance, prerequisites, wait lists, class start/end dates, transfer credits, transcripts and more.
Questions about any of these features? Send them to ctcLink@sbctc.edu
Stay tuned for our next post, which will review more ctcLink features in the areas of HR, finance and business intelligence.