As contract negotiations get underway with Ciber and Oracle, the ctcLink project team is busy with many other key activities:
- An RFP for Quality Assurance has been released and responses are due Oct 17. Having external Quality Assurance oversight for the ctcLink project is critical and it’s also required by Washington State’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) for large scale state IT projects such as ctcLink. An evaluation and scoring team will be established for this RFP.
- The RFP for a ctcLink Project Manager (PM) consulting firm has been released. The successful firm will assign a PM to work for the ctcLink project director to develop and implement plans and best practices around ERP implementation strategies, project management tools, risk assessment, mitigation measures, and monitoring project status and compliance. RFP responses are due Nov 8, with the goal of a contract in place shortly thereafter. An RFP evaluation team will be in place soon.
- Interviews are underway for Functional Project Leads in four areas of ctcLink: Financial Aid, HR/Payroll, Student/Academics and Finance. The four Functional Leads will oversee all aspects of a successful conversion to the new PeopleSoft software and business process redesign in their specific functional area.
- The College Readiness Assessment work continues. Gartner Consulting and the ctcLink project team are working with FirstLink colleges to interview key staff and prepare a broader campus survey. The survey will be administered in early November and the results will inform our specific approach to organizational change management at each FirstLink college. The plan is to roll this process out system-wide so all colleges have the opportunity to gauge the awareness, readiness and concerns of staff college-wide and customize a change management plan to fit their specific needs.
- It’s fall commission & council meeting season! October is packed with fall conferences for many of our CTC system’s commissions and councils. ctcLink team members have offered to attend these meetings to give an update on the project. Contact us if we’re not on your agenda.
Remember, if you have questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get them answered right away.